Friday, January 1, 2010

My Home's Cool

This year of 2010 I come out with a new resolution, to start over what I have done to my kids during our 2 years stay at our own rented house in Miri.

Now that we have move to my in laws house, it wasn't easy to do it my way. But thinking about my children's future lies on my hands, so I decided to gain the spirit back.

People out there might have different view about home and early education. Some may not agree for 'teaching' kids to read or count before they go to preschool. To me it is not the matter of teaching, even I don't expect my kids to read or do Math while they're still in the cradle. I want the best for my kids, and provide them with all the opportunities, so that they will grow up as a well-rounded adult.

Talking about myself, as a child I had many things to do, but because I raised up in a village, and my parents didn't come from rich family, I didn't get what I want. All that I could have was lots of books. But, frankly from books that I read, I know many things compared to my other friends.

So I want to create the habit of love for reading in my own children. I may not have lots of money to take them to overseas, but via reading, they could know about everything.

My first hero, Hafiy had it all at his 18 months old. He recognized letters from A to Z, numbers from 1-9 and some Arabic alphabet (not all cos I started late). Unfortunately due to my halted mission, until now that he is 27 months old, he is still at the same level.

My second cutie, 13 months old Fahry.. I haven't start anything with him. So let's rock for a new revolution in our home education.

I am not going to homeschool them as I am a full time working mother. But to create a house that make everything available for them. I don't want my kids only know how to play PS2 when they're at home. Our home is everything... Our home is cool.