Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our Cool Routine

As of now, I don't have any solid teaching method to apply on my children. I just pick any elements those match us, because time is the only thing I don't have. As I am working outside during the day, and working at home at night, so there is only little time available for my kids.


Our day started at 6.30 am when I wake my children up. Wash them a bit, change them to make them ready for school.

We started our journey at 6.45am or 7, to their nursery at Kuala Lumpur. From our Petaling Jaya house it took us almost 40 minutes. We recite our "doa to start journey" as we entered the car.

I love to talk with my two boys throughout the journey. Hafiy loves to point to any object he knows.. cars, house, tree, KLCC (PETRONAS Twin Towers), sky, smoke, tractor, etc. And Fahry now knows which one is car. He likes cars too!

Sometimes we read our phonic books or reciting the Quran. If both of them still sleepy, I put them to sleep with my nasyeed, zikir or salawat.

Usually I pick them at 6 pm, after my office hour ends at 5. The boys are happy everytime we took them home.

On the way back, the same process starts again. Usually I'll ask Hafiy about what has he learn at school. He couldn't answer (he can't talk very well yet) but I know he is happy being one of that nursery's family.

When we reach home, I put them down for a while, because I have to put my expressed breast milk (EBM) inside the fridge. They'll either watch TV or play with their blocks. After a short rest, I take them to bath, and the usual evening routine.

We usually have our dinner late, at 8.30pm. Hafiy likes to eat by himself so I let him.

After dinner, we watch DVD together, then we read a book. Or just let them play with their block if I am too tired.

I am yet to prepare a proper schedule for myself and the kids. Schedule is important as it will tell us what to do and what to expect.